Welcome to the journey,the tale and the saga of our
Homestead.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cross Roads




Today I find myself standing at a cross roads.This afternoon I have a job interview for a job I want and the pay would change our lives.I feel confident and ready for the interview.
Why the feeling of cross roads? Well,the boys have gone back to school and for the first time in a year I am home alone and it dose feel empty. Last year Sol was home schooled but was ready to return to school,in fact, he is so happy about it that while he was getting ready this morning, he was practically singing "yeah,another day at school". Issac was home re-cooping from 2 surgeries for most of the school year.We are so grateful Issac is back and if he continues to stay healthy as a horse will be there the whole year. Having both boys at school is a big step forward for us as a family.
But before I was called for this interview I was really thinking "What am I going to do with myself?" Household chores never fill the whole day and frankly they dull my mind,I am no longer volunteering at the schools,Ok before anyone thinks that is horrid let me say this,I have volunteered for the past 10 years and have done a huge amount of work.But once kids get to middle or high school three things happen,1.The kids are pubescent, not fun and the eye rolling is awful. 2. All the school wants you to do is office work something I avoid,run from and a job doing this would be a living hell for me besides I like working with kids not papers. 3.You burn out.The work outdoors is winding down,I am not a shopper or a coffee clutch kind of lady.So where dose that leave me? I have spent the past year so focused on the boys that I feel like Rip Vanwinkle waking up from my long nap.
My interview has saved me for now from having to figure it out.Until I am told to come to work I will stand here at the cross roads waiting to make my turn. The Norns have already spun out my fate ,all I have to do now is wait.
Rois

1 comment:

  1. Any news on the job front? I'm at a different crossroads, I'm thinking I want to be home more. I want to send my kids to school each day with a kiss and brown bag. Then I want to be home at the end of their day, so we have more time then just dinner, story/bath and bedtime...

    Hope you get the job.

    ReplyDelete