Welcome to the journey,the tale and the saga of our
Homestead.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lucky number 13

The number 13 is a lucky number for me,I was born on the 13th and today June 13th is our wedding anniversary-number 17 wow!
So in the spirit of my favorite number I say welcome to my newest and number 13 follower Lynda.Thanks for joining up to follow my ramblings and rants.
I am looking into picking strawberries today.I know how romantic, a day spent in the fields but any time I can be with my man is good.
I am having a good day and I hope you all will too.
Rois

1 comment:

  1. That 13 marks a special number for you makes my day bright!

    Said day began with Freshly-picked, home-grown organically blueberry and strawberry whole wheat pancakes and the welcome company of Husband's high school friend. The berries burst with flavor and the colors shimmer under the cool wash-water. The recipe couldn't have been easier: 2 cups ww flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 well-beaten eggs, 2 cups milk and 2 tablespoons veggie oil. Stir dry ingredients together; add milk with eggs beaten into it and oil. Stir gently and let the lumps be!!

    I like to let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes then cook them in my electric fry pan at 350 degrees. I individually place the fruits after I pour the batter into the pan. Flip when the bubbles form and the edges dry. Pancakes are done when they stop steaming. Mmmmmm. Much better than most ww (whole wheat) mixes I have tried-wonder what's up with that...

    Happy Anniversary; may your next year be full of love, laughter, and fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete