Welcome to the journey,the tale and the saga of our
Homestead.

Monday, June 13, 2011

One path,one blanket,one life.

  19 years ago I married my best friend. We gathered family and friends on a very rainy Saturday,our wedding feast was a potluck,my Mom's friend made us a beautiful cake and my Sister-n-Law put the flowers together.It was a simple homey feeling wedding,just like we wanted it to be.
  When we wrote our wedding vows we took words from Native American tradition,one path,one blanket,one life together. The path has sometimes been rough and bumpy but together we have always found our way. I tend to hog the blankets but Chance is sweet to me, lets it be and snuggles up close to share the warmth of our one life together.

  Saturday evening Chance and I went for a scooter ride out to Sauvie Island to celebrate just the two of us and the past 19 years.When I first met Chance he zipped around on a Vespa so taking a ride seemed full circle for us.


Sunset on the Island.
Wild Lupines,blue was one of our wedding colors.
Two Herons fishing for dinner.
  
One road,two people and one great life.

  Thanks Sugar La Rue for every ,moment,smile,tear and all of the love.Now I want another ride with an ice cream cone at the end,the helmet ransom payment is still after 20 years,not paid in full.

For a Thousand Years,
 Rois

2 comments:

  1. Best Anniversary wishes to you both, and many happy returns of the day. Love will carry us all, through whatever comes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for another 19+. Love is indeed a strong force.

    ReplyDelete