Welcome to the journey,the tale and the saga of our
Homestead.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Zoodles for Dinner,yum


 I personally try not to eat much grain of any sorts.I find that I just feel better with longer lasting energy.But I do live in a house full of grain eaters.Over the past couple of months I have been looking at Paleo Diet recipes.Not because I am following that diet to a T but because the Paleo followers avoid grains too.I have tried the whole Gluten Free (G.F) route and still found I did not feel so good after eating many of the G.F things.

I am finding dinner following the Paleo guidelines is pretty easy.Or I can offer the rest of the family a side that is grain based that I don't eat.So far so good. Chance has been eating less grains and noticing an improvement in his energy levels.Sol eats most of what I put in front of him at dinner.Issac,he's another sad to me story,he would live on grains,grains,meat and raw veg.But like I mentioned in my last post,no pressure from me,just making a suggestion.

For tonight's dinner I made a Paleo dish I have been wanting to try, Zoodles with Sauce.Zoodles also known as Zucchini Spaghetti which is made from zucchini.(As if you couldn't figure that one out,Duh Rois.)You just make up a pot of Spaghetti sauce and pour it over the Zoodles.You can get the details by linking over to Nom Nom Paleo. Making the Zoodles was really easy and fast.

Tonight I did cook up some pasta knowing full well Issac would decline the Zoodles and was not sure of my Mom.Chance and I ate all Zoodles,Sol did half and half but then said next time he would just take the Zoodles.And surprise Issac went all pasta.Mom did half and half too and loved it.

We enjoyed dinner so much there was barely enough left for my lunch for at work tomorrow.It's another recipe I can add to our dinner ideas that I know we will like.I also thought it would be easy enough to use the Zoodles in other dishes that call for pasta.I am thinking something along the lines of pan-fried Asian noodles.

I hope you will check out Nom Nom Paleo's recipes,there's some good food over there.If you are G.F maybe you will find something new to try.Or you just like exploring new foods and food ideas.

Anyone else have a food based link they would like to share?

Rois

6 comments:

  1. I have also used zucchini to make a kind of lasagna, actually pretty much any summer squash works well for "zoodles" (what a cute name)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I thought of you while eating dinner since you don't eat grains either.
      I know the name is funny isn't it.

      Delete
  2. awesome thanks! I have a spagetti squash too I want to try.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacy, I also read that people use Butternut Squash but have not tried it.

      Delete
  3. We've been flirting with paleo as well.
    I like the idea of spaghetti squash.
    We used to eat a lot of pasta.

    Here are some of my food blog posts:
    http://chezvorax.blogspot.com/search/label/frittata
    http://chezvorax.blogspot.com/search/label/low-carb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake, Nice posts in your links,thanks for sharing.It looks like our two houses eat similar things.

      Delete